CSI IMMANUEL CATHEDRAL- A HISTORICAL PERSEPCTIVE
Please contact advertiser for the price
Ad Created Date
Jul 4 2022 05:41:45
The CSI Immanuel Cathedral, Ernakulam,(formerly known as CSI Immanuel Church under the Diocese of North Kerala of the Church of South India ) was dedicated more than 110 years ago. The site, originally comprising 56 cents, was bought in 1905 by Rev. J.H. Bishop and the original church was built largely through his efforts, in memory of Rev. E.B. Russel who was a missionary of the Church of England in Travancore-Cochin from 1897 to 1899 and Rev. A.B. Sealy who was the principal of the Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam from 1875 to 1892 and also Director of Education of the Cochin State. A brass tablet in memory of these two missionaries was affixed in the chancel wall and the new church became known as the Russel Sealy Memorial Church. Technical advice for the construction of the church was provided by Mr. Browning, son-in-law of Rev. Sealy, who was then Chief Engineer of Cochin State.
5 months ago